Please read the following points to determine if you should consider conventional cabling or wireless connection for your DNC system.
- If you have machines that require drip feeding of large CNC programs
- Cable runs are easy to do with regards to obstacles such as overhead cranes.
- Cables do not need to be positioned above 4 meters from floor level.
- Easy access for step ladder platform behind machines.
- Machine tools do not need to be moved
- Machines need to be moved on a regular basis.
- You may be considering moving factory within the near future
- Do not need to drip feed large programs to machines
- Running of cables would be difficult due to heights above 4 meters or obstacles such as overhead cranes.
- Health and Safety reasons no need to work at dangerous heights.
For Health and Safety issues then Wireless is the most desirable solution as it eliminates the need for working at heights. This also eliminates the need to rent expensive equipment such as elevating platforms.